Monday, March 24, 2008

The Sea...and the Mountain..

Came back from my holiday. It was amazing. An experience of a lifetime. The beaches are beautiful and Mount Kinabalu is just breathtakingly gorgeous.

The jetty is sunken in sea water in the evening.


Crystal clear water.


The amazing beaches.


A perfect location for snorkeling.


The stairs down to the beaches from our chalet.


Friendly fishes that eat from your hand.


And of course......Mount Kinabalu....

Sunrise on top of the world.


Above all the clouds.


Candy in the sky.


The long journey down the peak.



The famous Low's Peak.


The scary route down....it was too dark to see on the way up.


I made it to the top of the world!

13 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Looks like paradise!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah My God!!
It's so so magnificent~!!!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Beautiful photos! What a wonderful place for a holiday!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your photographs are just breath-taling - absolutely stunning!

I love how you called the clouds sky candy! I've been at the top of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado and have experienced truly having my head in the clouds. It's the most incredible experience!

I'll bet the Spice Cats & woofie miss you terribly though, and want you home soon.

Christine and FAZ said...

That looks so beautiful. You must have had a wonderful time. FAZ

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharlene,

Your pictures are so beautiful. I bet you have a good time there.. better that being in a politic mood in Peninsular here..

Kitikata-san said...

Those are some stunningly beautiful photos you have from on top of the world! Hmmm, the view from my window is not like that at all.

Kimo and Sabi said...

That big sand litterbox looks great!

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

My goodness, those pictures are breathtaking! How beautiful! And Garlic looked incredible on the pillow in the last post too! I bet the Spice Cats missed you!

Purrrrrrrrrrs, China Cat

Deana said...

You are in good shape! Those clouds took my breath away. And the beaches, I need a vacation too! What a beautiful part of the world you were in. I am jealous!!! Loved, loved, loved your photos.

SoonTiang said...

Hey where in KK is this beach?

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

The photos are taken in Manukan and Sapi Island. Manukan Island is about 20 mins boat ride from KK town. Even in the swallow water, you get to see a lot of friendly fishes and live corals.

Sarah said...

oh, thanks for sharing the lovely photos. im very delighted that you loved your trip to sabah very much :)

congrats on successfully climbing mount kinabalu. yippie!!

paiseh la, me sabahan but haven't gone to any of those places you've been hahaha.. *blushes*

but i will one day.